Doctor-therapist is the specialist to whom patients most often turn in case of health complaints.
When is a therapist consultation necessary?
- If you have an acute respiratory disease (acute viral and bacterial respiratory infections)
- At the first signs of any diseases of internal organs
- When undergoing a preventive medical examination
For which symptoms should you consult a therapist?
- appearance of edema;
- nausea, vomiting, heartburn, belching;
- chest pains;
- unstable blood pressure with a tendency to increase or decrease;
- abdominal pain both related and not related to eating;
- an increase in body temperature (both sharp and long-term preservation, even at a relatively low temperature);
- shortness of breath, feeling of lack of air;
- weakness, dizziness, headache;
- pain in the lower back, suprapubic area, unpleasant sensations during urination;
- congestion or nasal discharge;
- violation of the defecation rhythm (constipation or accelerated stool), stool consistency (loose, mushy).
How does a consultation with a therapist (Uzhhorod) take place?
1 Stage: COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
An appointment with a doctor begins with a preliminary conversation with the patient, during which the doctor finds out the reason for the visit, complaints and medical history.
2 Stage: REVIEW
The therapist will assess your external condition and conduct a special examination: clarify data on body weight, measure blood pressure, body temperature, listen to how the lungs and heart function, examine the abdomen, and check for pathological symptoms.
3 Stage: ESTABLISHMENT OF DIAGNOSIS AND SCHEME OF TREATMENT
If the received data is sufficient to establish a diagnosis, you will be prescribed treatment. Otherwise, the doctor will suggest conducting laboratory tests or special instrumental studies (cardiogram, ultrasound, Holter monitoring, electroencephalogram, etc.). It may be necessary to consult a related specialist (neurologist, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist, obstetrician-gynecologist, etc.). In this case, the therapist will issue a referral for further examination and set a date for a second consultation.
Specialists of the Vitamin medical center
Make an appointment
Leave your contact details and our manager will call you to clarify all the details.